Haven’t joined Zencare yet? Curious whether it’s worth it? Read on for 30 perks that are part of a Zencare membership when you join as a private practice therapist!
Jump to any section to learn more:
- Streamlined, professional online presence
- Modern ways for clients to contact you
- Easy-to-use, highly-optimized website
- Get published + promoted
- Supportive, vetted community
- Motivated, well-matched referrals and clients
- Client and tech support
Streamlined, professional online presence
1. You’re the star of a high-quality photoshoot
Photos are a crucial part of your online presence – especially prospective clients first viewing your profile! When you join Zencare, we provide a high-quality, onsite photoshoot plus editing.
Whether you’re camera shy or always ready for your closeup, our professional photographers will make you feel comfortable and look radiant.
2. You get to highlight your practice with a unique, effective intro video
Therapist introductory videos are a stand-out part of every Zencare therapist’s profiles. They’re a great way to communicate your personality and approach to prospective clients.
Plus, they’re highly effective! According to a study of Zencare users presented at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), therapist videos had the strongest influence over a user’s confidence that a selected provider would be a good fit.
3. We’ll give you a hand with video coaching and support
Excited about shooting your introductory video, but not used to being in front of the camera?
The Zencare team is there to support and coach you through the filming process.
We provide prompts you can prepare answers to beforehand, and we’ll work with you so that you look and sound your best for future clients.
4. We’ll work with you to create your professional statement
Simply tell us your specialties, approaches, and unique background – we’ll do the rest! We synthesize your highlights to create a clear, effective professional statement, which helps connect you with the right clients.
You’re always able to review your professional statement prior to publication on our site, and tweak it when you have professional updates or new certifications.
5. Your full online presence means higher chance of referrals
Prospective clients who receive the names of multiple therapists are more likely to choose the person that they can learn the most about online.
In other words? Having a well-curated, robust, and up-to-date online presence is paramount to growing your private practice!
6. You have the option to share user testimonials from Zencare clients
Help prospective clients learn about what a great experience your current and former Zencare clients have had with you, through our closed feedback testimonial system.
(Note: Testimonials are an optional feature for every profile. You can learn more about Zencare client testimonials on our Testimonial FAQs page.)
7. Your profile is always easy to find, thanks to your name in the URL
Your profile will have a unique URL that includes your name – it’s easy to find, remember, and share!
Modern ways for clients to contact you
8. Your profile includes phone consultation scheduling
Phone tag is a game of the past, thanks to our convenient online scheduler for phone consultations.
How it works:
- You indicate what times you are free during the week to make calls
- Clients can sign up for 10-minute calls right on your specific profile
- We notify you that a client has made a phone appointment
- We remind you (and the client) about the call before it happens
9. Email contacting is an option for clients, too!
Clients who prefer to communicate via email can also contact you through a written form on the site. We moderate these emails to make sure they go through.
Easy-to-use, highly-optimized website
10. Modern and beautiful interface
Zencare’s website has a modern search interface and beautiful design, making time spent on our site enjoyable!
11. Search engine optimization (SEO) is included
We work diligently to improve our search engine optimization so that Zencare therapists are the first results when clients search online.
With help from an SEO consultant, we are constantly strategizing about ways we can increase traffic to the Zencare site and your profile.
12. User-friendly search experience for clients
One of our biggest goals is to make finding a great therapist as comfortable and simple and possible for therapy seekers.
Not only is the site aesthetically pleasing, it’s extremely user-friendly. The search functions are easy to navigate, and information is easy to read and access.
Get published + promoted
13. You can get quoted on the Zencare blog
Zencare has a lively and informative user blog, with multiple new posts published every week!
We love featuring insight from our network. Whenever you’re featured, we’ll link to your profile – which boosts credibility on the article topic, and drives up traffic.
14. You’re always welcome to write a contribution on the blog
In addition to being quoted in articles that our editorial team writes, you are encouraged to submit your own articles – which we’ll then publish on our blog.
You get to write about something that you’re passionate about, which we then edit and publish on our site. Learn more details about our therapist blog features here.
15. Contribute to articles sent out in our newsletter
We often share our blog posts (with therapist contributions) in our free user newsletter. We send this newsletter, which has over 5,000 subscribers, on a weekly basis.
16. Get promoted across our social media platforms
Supportive, vetted community
17. You're in good company
We take our vetting process very seriously – meaning when you join Zencare, you are in the company of highly qualified and trusted providers.
18. You can subscribe, and submit, to our moderated professional listserv
When you join Zencare, you’re invited to join your local Zencare listserv! Many Zencare clinicians look to their peers for:
- Referrals and local service recommendations
- Supervisors, supervisees, and peer groups
- Office sublets, hiring for a group practice
- Conference announcements and requests for speakers
- New practice announcements
- And more!
You can toggle your settings to receive emails immediately, or as one daily digest.
19. We’re an exceptionally supportive community
Joining Zencare means your community of practice will be expanded to include hundreds of exceptional clinicians – and you can reach out to them for support!
20. You’ll have more opportunities for referrals
With Zencare, you have more chance of getting referrals from other providers, via:
- The Zencare listserv
- Professional networking events
You can also share your Zencare profile with former colleagues, add the link to your signature and website, and circulate on social media! If the people who want to refer to you know that you have an online presence, they will be more likely to share your link with prospective clients – and those clients will be more inclined to reach out to you as informed consumers.
21. You’ll be invited to professional networking events
We hold events for our members regularly. Keep an eye out for an email from the listserv for the next event!
Motivated, well-matched referrals and clients
22. Clients who fit your practice can easily find you
Having so much clear information about your unique practice in your profile means that when a client schedules a session with you, they’ve made an informed choice. Clients will choose you because they believe their needs fit with your approach.
23. Work with highly motivated clients
Because clients make an informed choice to work with you, they will be motivated to commit to the therapy process with you!
24. Grow your number of private-pay clients
Trying to increase your private pay base? Start on Zencare by listing your fees, and including sliding scale. You’ll show up on search pages (like this one!) for that as a payment option.
Slowly build up that side of your practice – so that when there’s sufficient private pay caseload, you can drop insurances.
25. No more insurance and fee mismatches
Zencare clients have to confirm your fees right before reaching out. Plus, our insurance filters are kept accurate.
26. Direct connection to a large millennial audience
If you are looking to build your millennial client base, Zencare is the place to start! Our brand and content are geared largely towards millennials. The majority of Zencare clients are 18-40 year old female, college-educated professionals and students.
27. Referral relationships with local hospitals, universities, and wellness communities
In the past, Zencare has developed relationships with: Wework, The Wing, Brown University, Northeastern University, Mt Sinai, NYU Langone, Rhode Island Hospital, One Medical Group, amongst others!
Client and tech support
28. Your availability is kept up-to-date
Not accepting new clients? Mark it on your profile so you don’t have to field calls – or worse, feel guilty when you can’t respond to accommodate everyone!
29. We share reminders to stay current
We know you’re busy, so we’ll send you monthly reminders to update your availability, pricing, insurances, and other profile content.
30. Support for clients
We’re always here for you! If you have any questions, concerns, want to book a new photoshoot, or send us a note, you can reach out to us anytime, at firstname.lastname@example.org (for general inquiries) or email@example.com (for profile changes).